Wednesday

Purification T Shirt



I painted a tshirt tonight, i finally had some creative energy. The image was inspired by this book I have by L. Ron Hubbard, called Purification: An illustrated answer to drugs. It's a very weird book and has some really interesting and weird illustrations. I haven't read the book or tried the program but i think that it probably works maybe I am not sure. I just like the illustrations.
The tshirt is inspired by the above image's reverse image, which depicts the man in 1968, taking LSD. His head is surrounded by a similar cloudiness.
The text reads:
"LSD can lodge in the body tissues--mainly the fatty tissues--and stay there for years and years after a person has taken it"
the page also features the same rectangular diagram of the enlarged representation of the body tissue.
There is also a quotation on the bottom of the page:
"Even after coming off drugs, there were times i felt high--a floating feeling which reminded me of a time i was high on pot. Another time i felt a little like nausea, like when i was drunk on rum."

Hmm interesting.

3 comments:

e said...

Nice post. Be wary of Scientology!

skinnylittleblonde said...

Hmmmm...
perhaps this is why I am subject to spontaneous giggles for no apparent reason... a haunting of sorts from 20 years ago ;)

BTW...I love your tee!

urban tinkerbell said...

thanksss!!!

A F A

A F A